Search This Blog

Monday 22 August 2011

Varun Aaron has said he will not be pressured by expectation after being called up to India's squad for their one-off T20I five-match ODI series against England

Varun Aaron has said he will not be pressured by expectation after being called up to India's squad for their one-off T20I five-match ODI series against England.
Virender Sehwag and Ishant Sharma were on Monday ruled out of the limited-overs matches due to injury, with the uncapped Ajinkya Rahane - a 23-year-old batsman and Varun Aaron - a 21-year-old seamer - called up as replacements. Aaron - level head.

Aaron - level head.

Right-armer Aaron - a graduate of the Indian Premier League and in fine form in the recent Emerging Players Tournament - will substitute for Sharma in a pace attack already void of the services of Zaheer Khan, who is nursing a hamstring injury.
"It's tough to ignore the expectations that people have. But I don't want to think about that and I'm concentrating on bowling as fast and as well as I can," he told Reuters.
With India's seam department regularly accused of sacrificing pace for line and length, Aaron is determined to avoid the predilection of Munaf Patel, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer and the like.
"It's an individual thing, I guess. I don't know why they decided to give up on their pace. I love bowling fast, and it is my strength. I will never compromise on my pace," he told the Indian Express.
"Speed is okay. You have to bowl quick. But it troubles international batsmen only to a certain extent. After that, they adjust pretty easily. You have got to have a few tricks up your sleeve."
Having worked with Indian bowling coach Eric Simons at the Delhi Daredevils during the IPL, Aaron looked forward to putting to practice the advice gained from the former South Africa seamer.
"Generally, Eric just tells you to do the most basic of things perfectly or a small little change here or there which somehow you fail to notice. But I am always open to advice," he concluded.
The one-off T20I takes place on 31 August, and the first one-dayer gets underway on 3 September

No comments:

Post a Comment